Ultimate Jack Daniels Burger
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
4 x brioche buns
2kg lean beef mince
1 tablespoon Tuscan spice
8 slices of American cheddar
1 head of baby cos lettuce, thickly sliced
3 large tomatoes, sliced
4 large pickled cucumbers, sliced
100g Tempura onion rings (see website for recipe)
Salt and Pepper to season
Jack Daniels Glaze
1 head garlic, roasted
1 brown onion, finely diced
1 1/3 cup brown sugar
1 can (440g) crushed pineapple
½ cup water
½ cup teriyaki marinade
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 lemon, juiced
½ cup Jack Daniels whiskey
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Start making the glaze by sautéing the onion with some olive oil in a medium saucepan. Once the onion begins to colour, add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Deglaze the pan with water, then follow this with brown sugar, pineapple, teriyaki marinade, soy sauce and cayenne pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid begins to evaporate. At this stage add in the whiskey and lemon juice, then leave to simmer for a further 5 minutes. The glaze should be thick enough that it coats the back of a spoon.
- Use a stab blender to mince the onion, pineapple and garlic. Set aside for later use.
- Pre-heat the grill to high on your Capital BBQ and close the lid. This will ensure that the BBQ heats quicker.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef mince, Tuscan spice, salt and pepper.
- Mould the mince into thick patties roughly 300g each, then lightly coat in olive oil.
- Place the burgers on the grill then reduce the heat to medium-high. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- Prepare remaining ingredients for burger. Grill the brioche buns, slice the tomatoes and cucumbers and wash the lettuce.
- Once your burgers are fully cooked, place a few slices of the cheddar cheese on top of the burger patties so they melt, then allow them to rest on the warming rack for 5 minutes.
- Build your burgers starting with the bottom bun followed by pickles, tomato, beef patty, Jack Daniels glaze, onion rings, cos lettuce and then topped off with the top bun.